Here are some amazing facts about United Arab Emirates!
1. You’d be shocked to know that Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, has been hailed as ‘City of the Future’. This city is living proof that sustaining on renewable resources, is quite feasible and environment-friendly too.
2. Did you know, that the bridges, parks, canals, and infrastructure are planned miraculously, with all the credit going to the Japanese architect, Katsuhiko Takahashi?
3. Dubai is home to the world’s most expensive cupcake. It is made with 23-carat edible gold dusting and costs $1,007.
4. Did you know, that The ‘Dubai Celebration Chain’ was created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Dubai shopping festival. It is the world’s longest handmade gold chain.
5. The UAE’s oil reserves are the sixth-largest in the world while its natural gas reserves are the world’s seventh-largest.
6. Dubai has the world’s longest driver less metro system, with more than 74 kilometers of track.
7. Ferrari owns the largest indoor theme park in Abu Dhabi. Their rollercoaster, the Rosso, is the World’s fastest, reaching 150mph in 5 seconds. Sounds fantastic, right?
8. Ski Dubai in Dubai Emirates Mall opened in December 2005. It is the world’s third-largest indoor ski slope, measuring 400 metres and using 6000 tons of snow.
9. A highly appreciable fact is that the UAE is the first country in the world to have a minister for Artificial Intelligence. One must be updated with the latest and tranding technologies these days, do check out these amazing facts on drones, and their application!
10. You’d be surprised to know that the Terminal 3 of the Dubai International Airport, is, in fact, the largest airport terminal in the world and also the second busiest airport in Asia. It is no less than a shopping mall.
11. Did you know that the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa is one of the United Arab Emirates’ most famous buildings and the soaring sky-high landmark of Dubai?
12. The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, constructed over the past twelve years in Abu Dhabi contains both the worlds largest chandelier from Germany and the worlds biggest carpet from Iran.
13. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo boasts the Guinness Book of Records largest acrylic panel in the world and the biggest suspended aquarium in the Dubai Mall. Also, Abu Dhabi is home to a Falcon Hospital. They examine and treat more than 11,000 falcons a year.
14. Did you know, that The number of world records held by the UAE till date are 190! Dubai has its own Guinness World Records office.
So that was all for United Arab Emirates. Do let us know how did you find these facts in the comments section below!