Here are 9 interesting facts about Argentina– The Land of Silver!
9. Argentina is home to the giant anteater, which has a tongue that can grow up to 2 feet long!
8. Argentina was one of the first countries in the world to have radio broadcasting!
7. Argentina created the world’s first animated feature film. The world’s first full-length cartoon was made in the Land of silver by Quirino Cristiani in 1917. It is said that he was an inspiration to Walt Disney.
6. In 2001/2002 the country had five presidents in two weeks. The string of presidents started when Fernando de la Rua resigned in December of 2001. The last of the five, Eduardo Duhalde, was appointed in January 2002.
5. If you believe that the homeland of famous footballers, Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, and Segio Aguero, claims football as its national sport, then hold on! Sadly, Maradona passed away in 2020, he is and will always be remembered as the Golden Boy! Astonishingly, Pato, a combination of polo and basketball is the national sport of Argentina.
4. Argentina has been one of the world’s leading producers of wine since the 16th century and has approximately 1,800 wineries today. It is the world’s fifth-leading producer of wine. DO check out some amazing facts about the Wine Country, Hungary!
3. Argentina was the first country to use fingerprinting as the primary form of identification in criminal records! Do check out these weird laws from all over the world!
2. Argentina is the nation with the most psychologists per capita in the world. There are 145 psychologists per 100,000 residents!
1. Argentina is the birthplace of the first child in the world to be legally recognized as having two fathers. Born to a couple in Buenos Aires in July 2012, the child is the first ever to have two dads listed on his birth certificate.
So that was all about Argentina- The Land of Silver! Do let us know how did you find these facts in the comments section below!