Here are some amazing facts about Hong Kong!
1. Don’t be surprised if you find that your apartment building is without a fourth floor because omitting the number four is a common practice in Hong Kong and China since four sounds like the word “death” in Chinese. This makes four unlucky. Conversely, lucky number eight represents wealth.
You might have heard of 13 being unlucky but never did expect number 4 to be that unlucky eh? Do check out these facts you might have never expected to hear!
2. Hong Kong is among the richest cities in the world. It has more Rolls Royce per person than any other region in the globe.
3. The city has the highest number of skyscrapers in the world. More than 7000 buildings in the region have over 14 floors, when compared to New York City, which has almost half of these.
4. People of Hong Kong have the highest average intelligence quotient or IQ in the world at 107. The government guarantees free education for students up to 12 years.
5. Hong Kong locals believe that eating noodles on your birthday is a sure way to boost long life and blessings. Well, this makes noodles a world famous food, also traditionally proven a blessing by some!
6. People who conceive a daughter followed by a son are considered lucky in Hong Kong.
7. Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. More than 7.5 million people live in Hong Kong while the country extends over an area of just 1,106 square kilometres, thus, making the population density as high as 6782 persons per square kilometre.
8. Hong Kong has the best Metro system in the world according to the news network CNN and many other rankings. It is also the best in the world in terms of cleanliness, safety, organization and many other reasons.
9. Now the most interesting fact is that Hong Kong is, that it not a seperate country. It is a Special Administrative Region of China.
That was all for Hong Kong! Do let us know how did you find these facts below in the comments section!