Area Population: 31.2 Lakhs
Total GDP of the city: $48 Billion
- Recruitment Consultancy: This business includes outsourcing the hiring process for other companies and profiting from the commission earned. Future in this sector looks promising as Pune city is filled with young, unemployed engineers looking for a job and companies looking for skilled personnel.
- Baby Care Services: In metropolitan cities like Pune, working women often find it difficult to balance between work and raising a child. Baby Care business means providing day care services, baby products and assisting mothers in the overall development of the child.
- Web Designing and Application Development: The business includes creating unique digital user interface systems for software, websites and apps. Pune being an IT hub, is home for many web and application designing companies.
- Graphic Designing: Services in this business portfolio include, photo editing, video editing, designing logos & illustrations for various sectors.
- Script writing: This business includes writing scripts for TV series, short films, movies, YouTube videos, advertisements, etc. Companies in this sector can also collaborate with online websites like Netflix, Amazon prime and Hotstar.
- Freelance Writing business: It is a self-employed, work-from-home opportunity that can help you earn 10,000 per day if you have the required skill for it.
- Blogging: Just like any other big city, blogging can be beneficial in Pune city as well. You can blog about fitness, trending economic topics, health, lifestyle, tourism and what not. It is the best business opportunity for Housewives!
- Old Books business: 2nd hand buying and selling of books has a great scope in Pune owing to large number of college students. No student prefers to invest money in for a single term. So if you provide it to them at low cost, then they will surely buy it.
- Event planning business:Whether it is organizing a wedding, a corporate event or a festival, people in Pune do look for the best and they will hire you if you can offer the best! With a good online marketing strategy, you can establish your goodwill with minimum cost and time.
- Artistic Training: This business opportunity includes providing training services for art- dance, theatre, aesthetics, painting, and music.
- Beauty & Spa: It’s not just women who need grooming, but men are equally interested. So opportunities in this sector are of a wide range.
- Coaching Center services: Pune is famous for its IT hubs and institutions. Students from all over the country come here to take coaching and guidance. Business in coaching centers runs like water in Pune!
- Online Bakery (eg. Ovenfresh): this business includes delivering freshly-baked, cakes, bread loafs, cupcakes, macaroons, etc door-to-door, for every occasion.
- Customized Jewellery business: custom jewellery has been a part of our ancient tradition and is still one of the most profitable markets today. This business includes getting into well-placed bargaining deals with the manufacturers of customized pieces, by either offering them a good cut from your sales or buying their products in a bulk, for a cheaper price.
- Organic Products Retailing: More and more people in Pune are looking for organic products to buy. Starting an organic products shop has a good chance of making a good profit here in this city.
- Fashion Designing: ‘When you look good, you feel good ’, this statement has never been truer. With growing awareness about fashion portfolios, people are eager to modernize the way they look. For fashion divas and geeks, this business is the best opportunity to follow their passion and earn.
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning services:Laundry with a dry cleaning service is an evergreen and recession proof business globally. If you have a good retail space in Pune, you can start this business.
- Social Media Marketing: Social Media has become the easiest way for advertising and marketing with minimum effort. Today, every big firm and multinational company is recruiting social media teams to manage their social handles and market their products.
- Online Fitness Consultancy:While not everyone has the time or inclination to visit the gym or join any fitness classes, the idea of a fitness instructor being available on digital platforms looks more appealing to them.
- Handyman Services: This business includes providing house keepers, plumbers, and electricians at nominal rates.
- Research-Based Business: While most corporate companies have their own research teams, a score of newly launched start-ups and smaller companies tend to outsource their research work to independent researchers in the same field, on a contractual basis. As a result, you could set up a business around independent research yourself where, unless you wish to opt for rental space, your only investment is your time.
- Real Estate Services:If you are connected to the construction agencies and looking forward to starting a small business with less capital and big profit margin, real estate agencies can be the answer. Pune is growing and so also the demand for affordable real estate properties. You can start a real estate agency.