Creating a YouTube channel is as easy as creating a Google Account. All it requires is a Google Account. Well, you don’t have to worry if you don’t have a Google Account, because you can always create one!
Here’s how to create a YouTube Channel:
- Open youtube.com and click on “Sign In” at the top right corner.
- YouTube will ask you to login via your Google account. Enter your email address and password, and voila, you’re logged in!
- Now, all you need to do to create your channel is go to your profile icon or image where the sign in button initially was, click on it and a drop-down opens. Click on “Create a Channel“.
- Now, you’ll be asked whether you want to create your personal channel or use the channel for a business/brand. Select whichever option suits your need.
- Then, you will give a name to your channel. Tick the box below the name and click on Create. The box that you just checked states that a new google account has been created with its own settings and YouTube History.
- After the channel is created, you can customise it according to your requirements. You will be able to then edit the following –
- Upload a profile picture
- Add a description to your channel
- Add links to your blogs or social networking handles
You also gain access to your YouTube studio, which helps you better understand your audience once you start posting videos.
You can also edit your channel art, which is an integral part of your channel’s looks. It defines your objective of being on YouTube, or defines you as a person. Make your channel art carefully using design softwares and yes, keep maintaining your channel to grow and flourish!
Watch this video to understand the process better:
Congratulations! Your new YouTube channel is created!
If you liked the post, do read our blog on Video Editing Essentials, here.