Here are some amazing facts about the Startup Nation of the world! Do check out and explore a few business ideas for beginners here!
1. Israel is only 1/6th of 1% of the landmass of the Middle East. Not kidding, it is roughly half the size of Lake Michigan.
2. Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East. Infact, a total of 40 political parties participated in the 2020 general elections. Unlike the other middle-eastern countries, every citizen in Israel, whether Jew or Arab or a woman, enjoys full political rights.
3. Israel is a world leader in the invention of new technologies. Some of the technologies it has produced are: the cell phone, voice mail technology, the first antivirus software, the Pentium MMX chip technology and most of the Window NT operating system.
4. Israel is the only country in the world that has a mandatory military service requirement for women.
5. Israel recycles wastewater and 50 percent of water for irrigation comes from this. More than 85 percent of Israel’s solid waste is treated to be environmentally sound, making Israel one of the most environmentally clean nations on earth.
6. Israel is the only country in the world that has more trees today than it had 50 years ago.
7. Coffee and cafés are so good in Israel that it’s the only country where Starbucks failed trying to break into the local market.
8. Israel’s engineers at Motorola Israel R&D Center developed the original cell phone technology, which formed the base for the smartphones of today.
9. With more than 6,000 high-tech companies and start-ups, Israel has the second-highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world, after the Silicon Valley.
That is all for Israel, do let us know how did you find these facts below in the comments section!